Creating something for the ones you love is the greatest gift of all.

About Me

My journey into the world of knitting

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Last minute trinkets

I've been coming up with little trinkets to make with my spare yarn to give as little gifts for the holidays or birthdays.
I made a friend a little cell phone or ipod bad by casting on 20 and knitting in the round, with a ribbed top. Then a i string cord to close it. And a little strand of string with a ring clip to clip onto a bag or belt. I'll post a pic when Iget a chance. I want one for myself, but need a phone. lol.
adding pic:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Journal cover
I just thought that it'd be cute to make a journal cover too. Just make a bind in stochinette or some other cute stitch, fold pages in the center and make a little braided string to bind them to the cover. Use the same braided string as a page holder. I will try that for a Christmas present.

Sachets
It would be the same idea as the ipod case. Filled with dried flowers soaked in lavendar and other eos. Yummy.

Child's small handbag/purse
I was thinking of making my niece a purse for christmas. Again, same idea as the ipod case, but bigger. With a straight strap attached to each side. Or just weabe a long icord through and use the same icord as the straps.

Happy knitting!

No comments: