Creating something for the ones you love is the greatest gift of all.

About Me

My journey into the world of knitting

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

First shorites

Yarn: BBR - Green and Tangerine
Pattern: Embellished, spin off of aubrey doodlepants
Needle: Size 5,7
Knitting time: 1 week

Impression:
I'm definitely getting faster. 1 week isn't bad. I was surprised how easy it was to make shorts. I think they might even be easier than soakers. Everything was in the round, so I loved it. I did a 2X2 ribbing converting to 6X2. I didn't make a drawstring because the waist is pretty stretchy. The bottom of the leg are garter for a straight finish. These are medium sized and they're part of a trade.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The only thing I think I need work on is adding in the stripes. Notice they don't align perfectly. I have to figure out a way to fix that.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Other than that, they look good. They look like shorts, I think.

I'm working on a nb/small diaper cover with buttons now. Then I'll make some capri pants for Mica in a similar fashion.

No comments: