Creating something for the ones you love is the greatest gift of all.

About Me

My journey into the world of knitting

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Project #3 - Mid Jan - Mid Feb

Another pair of longies for my little girl.

Yarn: Black and Cyan Purewool
Pattern: These were a spin of the knitty cargo pants pattern, but I shaped them differently to make them look like bell bottoms as noted below.
Needle: Size 8
Knitting time: 1 month, as usual, off and on, knitting during my hour long commute

Impression:
My changes: I started with the number of stitches I wanted for each leg (which was 45). I increased by 1 on each end for 4 rows in garter stitch, unjoined. Then I joined in stochinette and began decreasing by two until I ended with 45 again. The rest of the pattern followed the cargo pants, but since I used 8's this time, the fit was much nicer.
Then I gave them a drawstring waist. And a single pocket in the back.
Loved these pants! Still love them. I wish I made the rise a little longer because I'm not positive that they will fit her this winter.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I made a matching hat, but for some reason, never took a picture of it. She hated it anyways. And rarely used it.

No comments: