Creating something for the ones you love is the greatest gift of all.

About Me

My journey into the world of knitting

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Projects #4 and 5 - April

I took a brief break from knitting, then got back into the groove when I found out I was knitting for two!
So I made two pairs of matching soakers. Then I had a wonderful wahm make matching shirts.

Yarn: Purewool - don't remember the colorway, but I used purple for the trim and the beautiful multi color for the main color
Pattern: Punknitters pattern - http://community.livejournal.com/punk_knitters/110889.html
Needle: Size 7
Knitting time: 1 1/2 weeks each (hat included), as usual, off and on, knitting during my hour long commute

Impression:
The pattern was very easy, a great beginner pattern. I would've added a little more in between to make the leg holes bigger though.

Large, these have a rolled cuff so they look cute and girly:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Newborn/small, these have 2X2 ribbing at the cuffs, since after all, I'm not sure what gender I'm knitting for. And a matching newborn hat for my little bundle of love:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here are the outfits:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(Yes, thats my precious model.)



I should also note that I made another newborn set for a friend who offered to trade me some dipes. Since I don't sew, I jumped on the chance. I got these lovelies in return:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: