Yarn: Giotto Purewool (Another YUMMY Soft one)
Pattern: Baby cargo pants pattern from Knitty: http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer05/PATTcargo.html
Needle: Size 7,8
Knitting time: 1 1/2 mos, off and on, knitting during my hour long commute and the holidays
Impression:
Single ply merino wool is wonderful, but I did find that it piled something heavy after a while.
I found the pattern fairly easy, though a little difficult around the hips. I also think I'm a super tight knitter, because the pants came out tighter than I expected. If I had to do it over, I would size up and add short rows on the backside, since afterall, this pattern was not meant for cloth-diapered cuties.


Oh, did I mention I made a matching hat? It was mainly inspired by the vintage knits rolled brim baby hat pattern: http://www.vintageknits.com/babyhat.html
But I did not do the top as suggested and I added ear muffs because as I mentioned, it was cold!!

Oh, and I added a purled little heart on the front for my sweetie.
No comments:
Post a Comment