Creating something for the ones you love is the greatest gift of all.

About Me

My journey into the world of knitting

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Projects #9 and 10 - June - July

I'm finally caught up to my current projects (now I'll stop numbering them lol). I'm back to knitting for my babies, at least for a short while. I needed soakers with no drawstring and some nice hearty wool for nighttime use. So I made these for Mica and I'm almost done with a matching newborn pair. I will most likely finish them during my commute tomorrow morning.

Yarn: Tangerine Blueberry Ridge
Pattern: Curly purly soakers - http://www.curlypurly.com/soaker.html
Needle: Size 7 and 5 and 3 for the waist and brim.
Knitting time: 1 week for medium, 1/2 week for newborn

Impression:
I love this yarn. Its definitely not yummy soft like the merinos, but its so sturdy. I think it will make a great nighttime soaker.
The pattern is super easy. My first time making short rows, but it was no challenge. I will admit that the rise came out a bit longer than I expected. I'm not sure if its meant to be that way. I guess I will just fold it over. And even though I sized down and did the medium for my girl, there still appears to be SO much room to grow.
I love these soakers!

So heres the medium:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And on my model:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here are the *almost* finished nb ones:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: